Sunday, February 7, 2016

21 DAY FIX



Two months before my wedding, I hate a hard plateau. I was unable to lose the last 7 pounds to reach my goal which meant me having to let out my dress in my hips, which I did not want to do! I stumbled across a Facebook post and decided to give the 21 Day Fix a try. I looked into the program extensively, beginning with the the meal planning containers. I found the following information on each:


Blue container: CHEESE, NUTS, AVOCADO, COCONUT
Yellow container: CARBS + STARCHES
Red container: PROTEIN
Green container: VEGGIES
Purple container: FRUIT
Orange container: DRESSING + SEEDS


My desired calorie intake was 1,200 - 1,499 per day calories per day. What that meant was 3 GREEN containers, 2 PURPLE containers, 4 RED containers, 2 YELLOW containers, 1 BLUE container and 1 ORANGE container. What I found was that 1 was actually eating more which completely surprised me!
A typical day looked a little something like this:


21 DAY FIX - SAMPLE DAY


Breakfast1/2 Banana- purpleAlmond Breeze unsweetened - yellowShakeology- red (ice, water, shakeology packet - blended!)


 Morning Snack

Strawberries & Blueberries- purpleGreek Yogurt- red

LunchSpring Mix(Crush it down), Chopped Tomatoes & Cucumbers- green                       *Note* Can use 2 greens here or can use 2 greens for dinner
Boiled Eggs- red (2 eggs)
Bulgur Wheat- yellowSunflower/ pumpkin/peanuts Seeds (pick one)- orangeBalsamic Vinegar- free food


Afternoon SnackHummus- blueYellow Peppers- green


DinnerGrilled/ Baked Chicken- redRoasted Brussels Sprouts- green2 teaspoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) Cook Brussels sprouts in this
Dijon Mustard -Free food


After following the meal plans for the first week, I was completely hooked. I could feel my system revving up from the nutrition and slowly I gave my metabolism the perfect boost to burn through the plateau.


That's the nutrition side of things. There was also 30 minute workouts every day....yes, that's right ONLY 30 minutes! Anyone has 30 minutes to crush their goals. You pop in the DVD and before you know it, its done and you feel great.  Each day has a different workout so you're constantly pushing your body through new moves and creating muscle confusion. They're also position so that when you need a little yoga / slow movement, you get that as well.





You probably noticed the morning smoothie up there in the recipe guide. Shakeology is not your generic protein shake. It's actually unlike any shake I've ever had. Shakeology is an ALL NATURAL meal replacement shake that helps with cravings, gives more energy, and can help with weight loss. It is nutrient dense, with super greens, super fruits, prebiotics and probiotics amino acids, anti-oxidants, digestive enzymes, adaptogen herbs (protects body from stress and boots endocrine system) and NOTHING artificial. The VEGAN shakes are 100% lactose, dairy and soy free and use a brown rice protein. I happen to LOVE both the Vegan Chocolate and the Cafe Latte. They're my go-to most every morning. 














SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Bohemian Blonde. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig