Thursday, January 21, 2016

Finding your passion


Finding your passion and why it's so important....

I took me awhile to really understand the complexity of finding my passion and why it was so fundamentally important to me now. Your passion will change your focus of each and every day, keeping you better grounded and focused on the correct path. So..lets let those clouds part and road blocks move, you're about to get a glimpse into your passion and authentic self.

To start and uncover, you must ask a couple questions of yourself.
Really let each one hang in thought for a moment.

"When was the last time you were so incredibly happy that time stood still"
"Where would you go if money was no object"
"What would you do if you were the LAST human on the face of the planet"
"What makes you cry with happiness"
"What speaks to your soul"
"Who are you? Really... at your core.. no one else's beliefs, just you"
"What are you not?"
"What would make you jump out of bed HAPPY at 5am?"
"When is the last time you stopped to admire your surrounding and what were you looking at?"

Set aside all of the materialistic ideals and focus on you for a moment.
Really listen to your heart. Your heart over your mind.

Let your heart come forward.

Write it out and ask yourself what all of it has in common. Do you see similarities in your notes? Does it pull at your heart and lite a little fire within?

LET IT!

Let it light you up completely and when you really want to visualize it, add it to a vision board or in a place you can reference easily.

This past month I truly discovered one of my passions. I've always loved yoga but up until a class with 500+ yogis, I had looked at yoga as a fitness practice. I could see my body change and muscles leaning out, but when people would talk about this, "emotional response" from yoga, I thought - What? How? Well, when I was in tears in that massive 500+ class, I knew exactly what they were saying. It hit home, big. time.

I felt the release. Ironic enough I pushed myself further in that class than any other class before. I let my mind stop controlling my muscles and followed my heart. I felt like a rubber band leaving the class! So relaxed. Refreshed. Awakened. Released of a blockage.

So, if I were the last person on earth, I'd still be doing yoga. That's absolutely one of my passions! So much so that I'm feeling more and more about becoming certified.

Knowing that yoga is now one of my passions, it helps keep me grounded. Being in a space where I can come to my mat, let out emotional blocks and work through my vessel. It's also feels as though time stands still, EMBRACE those moments that make you slow down and soak it in. We're far too often rushing to and from our daily lives. Remember to slow down IN your passion. Perhaps its painting, singing, knitting, you name it! Let it be your time.

I want to hear from you, have you had an awakening yoga class?

What's your "why"? What's your passion? What makes you tick? Share it with me!

xo, The Bohemian Blonde





SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Bohemian Blonde. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig